Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How I Met My Husband from a No Excuses Matchmaking Matchmaker!

In light of my three (YES, THREE!) year anniversary with my husband; I wanted to share the story of how we met with our No Excuses Matchmaking clients and Facebook friends.  At the end of March 2007, I was having lunch with a new friend of mine, Misty.  Over lunch we were having lighthearted conversation about guys, life in Dallas, and anything in general.  I told Misty that I wanted to meet a GOOD guy that had similar goals.  In literally five seconds she suggested that I meet a guy she knew that was a family guy, loyal friend, athletic, and a gentleman.  I was SOLD.  She suggested that she would send my myspace profile (yes, that was cool back then) to his e-mail so that he could see my pictures and read a little about me.  Later that day, she e-mailed me at work and said he wanted to meet me and could she give him my phone number.  He called me that evening and said he’d like to take me out to dinner in Dallas that Saturday.  I told him I was sorry, but, I had plans with my best high school girlfriends to come stay with me and we were hittin’ the town that night.  I politely offered that he could meet up with us for dinner.  He was a smart one… there would be 8 girls there and if he didn’t end up liking me then he would still have 7 other options.  So, that night he met us at Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa and we had a lovely dinner.  8 months later we were engaged after dinner at Dragonfly and a sweet horse drawn carriage ride through Highland Park to look at Christmas lights.  We now have a precious little girl, too!  All this to say---this all started with someone who had a keen sense for matchmaking.  If you’ll notice, the process in which I met my husband is very similar to the No Excuses Matchmaking process today.  It works.  Trust me.  I would know. 


Get set up today by signing up at our website www.noexcusestexas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment